Final Thoughts from COP 15

Maja's dog, Nelson (named after Nelson Mandela!)
Check out Maja's incredible photography at her website here.

The following is an entry that I wrote on my blog on our last night of the trip (or at least what was supposed to be our last night!)

Today marks the end of one journey, but the beginning of another. Maja and I just spent the past hour talking about the contrast between American and Swedish family, politics, education, etc., which is always fun. But now it is 11pm, and I am beginning to realize that it is my last night here in Landskrona, Sweden. Tomorrow we board the train for the Copenhagen airport at 7am, and I will be returning home in Minneapolis at 5pm, while it will be 2am here in my jet-lag Swedish time :\ We have been making Jul (Christmas) candy all evening, and her aunt, cousin, and brother all came over for dinner. We lit the fourth advent candle tonight, too. Is Christmas really in 5 days ö

I have been proudly singing this traditional Swedish Christmas song around the house lately:

Goder morgon, Goder morgon

Både herre och fru

Vi önskar eder alla en fröjdefull jul.


(Good morning, good morning

Both ladies and gentlemen

We wish you all a peaceful Merry Christmas.)


But anyway, here is a my more-extensive-than-intended field study reflection of this trip, in which I have attempted to describe how the Conference shaped my understanding of climate change and climate change politics, as well as how the cultural immersion shaped my experiences in Sweden:

COP15 Field Study Reflection height="500" width="450" > value="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=24351180&access_key=key-q765fbwb2ue2ku73vk3&page=1&version=1&viewMode=list">


This is it, the end of a great adventure, yet the start of another. It is good to be home at last, after 2 unexpected days of travel and 4 crazy flights.

Thank you for your support along our journey!

God Jul,
--Katie PS.

No comments: